Privacy, Legal, and Site Security
DigiStamp and the people at DigiStamp are not lawyers and cannot provide legal counsel. The information on this website and the emails from DigiStamp are not intended as a substitute for legal advice. Legal issues vary by the specific facts that apply to your matter and your local government. You should consult with an attorney familiar with the issues and your local laws.
Unless otherwise specified, copyright is held by DigiStamp, Inc. Copying is permitted for noncommercial use by computerized bulletin board systems, individual scholars and libraries. Written permission is required for any commercial use of the contents of this Internet site and its software.
DigiStamp has created this statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site.
When creating a timestamp by using our software and service your data remains private; only the document fingerprint, and in some cases the file's name, is transmitted to DigiStamp. We do store this information about your document. We never see your actual document. None of the content of your data can be determined from the fingerprint, so reverse engineering of the fingerprint into the your original document is not possible.
- Timestamps created for user requests and the hash values they protect are copied and stored in DigiStamp’s Archive.
- When the name of a protected file is transmitted to us, this information is also stored in the DigiStamp Archive.
- At DigiStamp’s discretion the timestamps and/or hash values in the DigiStamp Archive may be published and generally available to the public; in such an event any information for identifying the subscribers will be removed before publication.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
- The DigiStamp account set-up form requires users to give us their e-mail address. This e-mail address is used to contact the DigiStamp user when necessary (for example, we send the account number to this e-mail address). Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the customer for DigiStamp services.
- Financial information "saved" is stored with our partner, PayPal. DigiStamp cannot access your complete payment information on PayPal's systems.
- This site contains links to other sites. DigiStamp.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
- Our online surveys and feedback form ask visitors for contact information (like their e-mail address). The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- The information contributed by users to DigiStamp except as noted above will be protected from disclosure unless by contractual agreement or other legal requirement (e.g. court order).
- DigiStamp is not in the business of selling user information for any purpose and has neither done so in the past nor plans to do so in the future.
This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Choice/Opt-Out or Change/Modify
The following options allow you to remove your information from our database in order to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
You can modify your communication preferences
You can use the account disablement option
You can send e-mail to webmaster@DigiStamp.com
You can use the feedback form URL: www.DigiStamp.com/feedback.htm
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact: